I finished the Framed 9 Patch top I showed last week . My original plan was to make it 4 x 5 and decided to go 5 x 5 instead. I added 2" and 5" borders. 54 inch square quilt is a nice sized cuddly quilt. Covers both mom and baby. Now it's time to piece the back, make the binding and get this quilted.
I decided to work on a UFO from last year. This is the 2014 BOM from The Hexi Blog. When I opened the bin, only 2 blocks were completed. All the background fabric squares were cut and waiting for applique. Including this sun, I now have 3 more blocks ready to applique.
My plans for the week were interrupted by the flu bug. 2 sick days and another to recoup put me way behind. Good thing I had the hexies ready to work.
I'm just going to copy the goal list from last week and keep working on it. It's nice to have at least one thing marked off the list.
This week I continue the list from last week:
- Finish this baby quilt. Done
- Make a second baby quilt.
- Pin baste both of the baby quilts.
- Finish cutting strips for retreat swap.
- Piece batting for the next big quilt. (My roll is gone so now I must use up what I have stored away in boxes.)
- Baste the 2 baby quilts and the next big quilt.
See what Blogland friends are working on this week at Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.