I'm so thrilled that the quilting on Pineapple Crazy is complete. 2 days of intense concentration! I did nothing fancy, I just quilted a medium meander and the texture that it gives is amazing. The red binding strips are cut and today I they will be sewn on. That is, after I finish trimming it. I used wool batting and a wide back that I was in my stash. Did I say I was thrilled?!?!? (Thanks Jo for the shoutout!)
Next up, I pulled out more blue and neutral strips for Jamestown Landing. I cut my fabrics into 7" chunks so I can do a good mix up of blue and neutral. I used up quite a few chunks that were left from other projects.
The neutral strips mostly came from strip swaps with friends at retreats and the a lot of blues came from an online swap. Whenever I cut fabric for something else, I try to cut for my strip boxes--2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2".
These 2" neutrals are what I had left from Allietare. I am cutting off the half square triangle ends-they will go into the 2" HST bin and the remaining pieces will be cut up for log cabin blocks that I am getting ready to start for a swap with local friends.
I'm going to go over to Patchwork Times and go Blogland cruising this morning for a while and see what my friends are working on. I love Monday in Blogland!
I'm still stitching along on Millifiore. This is block 6. I was so excited to start and now I'm not sure of my plan for this block. But whenever anyone posts this thought on the Facebook page, everyone encourages them to keep going. So that is what I'm going to do. After I fix a couple of whoopsies and get that last part sewn in.
The purple triangles were not this way in the original design. But I had the extra triangle papers from past blocks so I used them instead of piecing 2 papers to make 1 triangle out of the same tone on tone fabric. I'm sure the original was fussy cut.
I'm anxious to start the next round. I have one set of blocks ready to baste and the second set of blocks still needs a decision for the focus fabric. Right now I"m iffie.....
...Mystery Monday Link Up, The Reveal!
Not my reveal. I have nothing to reveal other than 2 stacks of blocks--with more blocks in various stages of construction.
There is a method to my madness. I work on 3 blocks at a time. Thursday night, after the clue was released, I sat and clipped block parts together. I tried to keep from having the same golds in a block. That didn't happen though, I didn't have a huge selection of fabrics so that prevented that from happening. It also meant that each block had to be laid out with like golds being kitty-corner from each other.
This is the first time I have laid my blocks side by side. I wanted to just make them, press them and stack them until all the parts were ready to lay out on the bed. I couldn't believe the restraint I had. I was focused on blocks, that's all.
I should have been more focused on pressing. All of these 4 patches had to have the center seam unpicked and the seams sewn the correct way. I knew I should have double checked those instructions, but nooooo, I just went along as I wanted!!! And then I paid the pressing and unpicking price.
I have 10 gold blocks left to finish 1 is complete, needs it's final press. 1 needs the rows sewn together, 1 on the design board, 1 under the needle and 6 in the pile.
Then it's on to the setting triangles and borders. I'm hoping to have something to show off to the gals on Wednesday. I am amazed at all the fabulous quilt tops already completed. There are so many wonderful color combinations! Thank you Bonnie for another fabulous mystery.