Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Design Wall Monday


I've had a pretty productive week in the sewing room considering
 I am still dealing with this hacky cough and cold. 

My list for last week:
Goals for this week:
  • Finish last 2 months of Tell It To The Stars.  Done and excited for the September clue.
  • Make back for hexagon quilt.  Done!!  Used lime green shirting that I'm sure my recipient is going to love
  • Baste hexagon quilt.  Nope
  • Re-arrange sewing table.  I worked on this for quite a while.  Scraps that were out of control are now in control.  I still need to move machines around the way I want them.
  • Do a UFO Parade blog post--want to join in and make your own list?    Done (it's here) and printed off, pinned so I can see it while at the machine.  :)


I refilled my Circle of Jewels box after working several more jewel sections. Now I'm working on 3 more flowers before going back to the jewels again. This one is finished and the 2nd started.


While working on Tell It To The Stars, I used these 3 blue star blocks for Smith Mountain Morning as leaders and enders.  Then I was on such a roll that I sewed 7 more using the border pieces as their leaders and enders.  Yes, Bonnie and Judy L playing together again this week.  


After seeing someone's Pineapple Crazy picture on Facebook, I had the urge to work on mine. So I pulled out the box and made these border blocks.  Now I really want to work on this again. (See how easily I get sidetracked.)

Right now my design wall is empty but others are not. See them here at Patchwork Times.

Goals for August 25 through August 31:

  • Baste Hexi quilt.
  • Quilt Hexi quilt.
  • Bind and finish Hexi quilt.
  • Finish blue star blocks for Smith Mountain Morning.
  • Sew 5 Pineapple Crazy blocks.
This will keep me busy enough.  Have a great week.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

My goodness you got a lot accomplished! Wish I had enough time to do half as much! Loving the Smith Mountain Morning blocks!

Annie said...

Oh, wow, are you seeing all of our jealous faces and how we wish we could have been in our play spaces as much as you got to?! All your works in progress are awesome looking!

Mary said...

You have been a busy quilter. Hand work takes longer to show big progress. Feel Better. Hope your week goes well and you complete your goals. it's almost the end of the Month and time to make new goals.