Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday



This past weekend was spent retreating with local friends. I was lucky and got to share a table with DD2-Crystal. She hasn't retreated with us for quite a while and we were all very thankful that Mike could take some time off from work so she could get in a few days of power sewing.

I only took my Pineapple Crazy to work on. I had 12 bobbins for my featherweight ready to go, my bags of scraps and papers. I thought I could get through those 12 bobbins, I really over estimated myself! I used 5 bobbins all weekend. I made a small dent in my scrap bags by completing 12 pineapple blocks and 5 border blocks.

I am now officially over one third finished with my blocks....82 pineapples and 20 border blocks. Not bad for 2 years time when I consider this to be my long term project.  I'm wondering how long long term is.  But after seeing Bonnie Hunter's quilt in person, I am very motivated to work on mine and get it finished.


Of course we had to play with some of the blocks to see what it could look like.  One of the gals stood up on a chair to get a look-see so I handed her my phone to get a picture. I hadn't seen it from this angle and it looks amazing!  Now I am really motivated. This is what 30 blocks looks like.   Pineapple Crazy is found in Bonnie Hunter's book-String Fling .

Go to Patchwork Times to see what other quilters are sharing today.

**I just remembered I didn't make a list for this week. I didn't finish my list from last week so I'm going to finish that and then we'll see what trouble I can get in to.


5 comments:

Mary said...

It is very nice you could Retreat with your Daughter! Love the Pineapple Crazy. I'm not THAT crazy though.

Juliann in WA said...

That pineapple quilt is beautiful! A retreat sounds lovely.

scraphappy said...

5 bobbins sounds like a great weekend. Your blocks are looking fabulous.

Julie said...

I love your pineapple quilt! It's on my bucket list! What a fun weekend!

Bonnie said...

Judy -- your pineapples are beautiful. Are you using the same light fabric or are they scraps too? I started one years ago and then took years to finish the blocks and more years to out it together. It didn't help that I used really old fabric and was next to impossible to find something to go with. Your really sparkles.