Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Design Wall Monday and NSM-Days 5 & 6


I am so close to adding borders that I am going to say that today Tumalo Trail will be a completed quilt top! How's that for confidence??? My original plan was to do a scrappy brown border but then I looked at the picture again in Scraps & Shirttails II. I knew that I had to go deep stash scrappy. It was so fun to use up a bunch of old strips and get into some new ones. If there was anything left of the strip it was cut into 1 1/2" squares.....this quilt used up every single little square. Time to refill that box.

Days 5 and 6 of National Sewing Month were spent sewing these borders. Day 7 will be spent sewing the borders on. We have no big plans for this Labor Day except to Labor. Me at the sewing machine, Hubby working on his woodshed.


Yesterday I spent some Slow Stitching time sewing on Millefiore. I've been ignoring her for several days now and she started making me feel a bit guilty so I what could I do but pay attention to her for a bit. This is rosette number 2. I have all the hexagons completed and I'm now anxious to complete this one. I'm already thinking about the next rosette colors even though I can't remember what the design looks like. I keep reminding myself--One at a time Judy!!! 

See what others have on their design wall at Patchwork Times-Design Wall Monday. I'm going to refill my cup and take a little stroll through Blogland.

10 comments:

Ramona said...

Yay! for a quilt top finish today! Your scrappy border is perfect for this quilt. You newest Millefiore block is gorgeous!! Happy Labor Day!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - that's a BIG finish Judy!!! Congratulations :*) My poor Millie has been neglected for quite a while now, but it can't be helped. It may be November before I can pick it back up. But like you, I keep running color and fabric ideas for the next block in my head LOL!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Millie is making you feel guilty! LOL You are funny!
Enjoy your stitching... no guilt!

Churn Dash said...

I love your scrappy quilt top. Piecing the border must have taken ages, but it looks so good.
Helen

Julie said...

Awesome Judy. So exciting to get that quilt top finished today. I have managed to sew every day, although the last couple days were a few hand stitches while I battle the flu. Yep, on week of school and I spend my first weekend sick.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

Love you Tumalo Trails, the borders look great!

Mary said...

Perfect! Good choice for the Borders! Have a great Holiday during Hunting season.

Karen said...

I like the graphic look of your quilt with the dark triangles in the blocks.

Kate said...

Wow, congrats on using up so many scraps. The scrappy border really works with the neutrals and brights in the center.