Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 01, 2016

The Sting Quilt Story

2016 Finish #7


Thursday I finished my string quilt.
The one I've been working on as part of the Scrap Problem challenge from 
I brought it out and layed in over the recliner and
before I picked up my phone to take a quick picture,
Miss Polly jumped up and made herself comfy!
I love that cat!

I posted this picture on Facebook because cats on quilts are adorable.


I knew I would get great comments from my friends and family.
It always makes me feel good to know they like what I do.
I did not expect Cousin Julie to want to buy my quilt.
She did.
This is the first time I've sold a quilt.
I love that she loves it and wants it.
Today it will get de-threaded and take a spin through the washer and dryer.
Then I'll lovingly box it up and get it ready to ship.


One of the funnest things for me is after 2  blocks or rows are sewn together,
I look at the back. I never worry about if 2 of the same fabrics are next to each other.
I call it blind artistic expression.
It is a great way to use up my not favorite fabrics.
It's also amazing how much I really like some of these after they have been used in a quilt.
Weird, I know!

Thanks Julie for loving what I do so much that you want it to be part of your life. 

Now I need to decided what to focus on for my next Scrap Problem challenge.








4 comments:

Melissa said...

congrats on your first sale :)
I'm the same way with backings. I tend to find really deep discounted sales and buy yardage for backings, and many of those fabrics have prints that I wouldn't buy otherwise... but then I use it, and I don't mind it anymore :) Same for when I piece fabrics together for backings.

I need to give it a try on a string quilt using the QAYG method too!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous! No wonder someone fell in love with it!
Hope you can part with it!?!

Ramona said...

It is a Great quilt! Congrats on your first sale! Have fun coming up with your next scrap plan. It will be a beauty I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt! And such a wonderful affirmation. Sounds like it is going to a good home.